One word comes to mind when looking at the Abel blade knife: Quality. I would guess that fly fisherman, or any outdoorsmen for that matter, would not be able to look at the Abel without some wanting in their hearts. I know I do!
Constructed of high-carbon 154 cm steel and lightweight anodized 6061-T6 aerospace aluminum handle scales the Abel is designed to last forever and then some. This baby is stout and built with enough muscle to tackle most cutting tasks with the business end sporting a razor-sharp, flat-ground plain edge blade. Along with a thumb-stud, one-handed operation is easily within reach, yet safe as the Abel provides a foolproof liner-lock mechanism to insure you don’t accidentally close the blade, even under heavy pressure.
From the hand-ground blade to the stainless pivot mechanism to the heat-treated spring steel pocket clip, each Abel knife is made completely in-house and could easily be considered a custom knife given the quality and attention to detail this knife offers.
Abel Knife Specifications
- 154 cm high-carbon steel blade with chromium and molybdenum additives for corrosion resistance
- Machined, anodized, aerospace-quality 6061-T6 cold-finished aluminum handle scales
- Heat-treated spring steel liner locking mechanism
- Right-handed thumb stud for one-handed opening
- Removable spring steel tip-down pocket clip
- Blade length: 2.875 inches
- Handle length: 3.90 inches
- Overall length (open): 6.75 inches
- Made in the USA
So picture it, you, your rod, and the Abel blade knife – a perfect combination.